Man facing fifth DUI tells cop to 'slap the cuffs on'
"Well, I guess you're gonna take me to the joint," he told the officers
By Lisa Redmond
AYER, Mass. — When Pepperell police stopped John C. Cheely and asked if he'd been drinking, he didn't try to hide the truth.
"Yep, I had a lot to drink," Cheely allegedly told the officer. "Well, I guess you're gonna take me to the joint."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds