Man facing fifth DUI tells cop to 'slap the cuffs on'
"Well, I guess you're gonna take me to the joint," he told the officers
By Lisa Redmond
AYER, Mass. — When Pepperell police stopped John C. Cheely and asked if he'd been drinking, he didn't try to hide the truth.
"Yep, I had a lot to drink," Cheely allegedly told the officer. "Well, I guess you're gonna take me to the joint."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform