Ill. mom arrested while celebrating DCFS case
The woman was intoxicated and holding her son like a 'football under her armpit' police say, after the Department of Children and Family Services dropped an investigation against her
By Rosemary Sobol
The Chicago Sun-Times
RIVERSIDE, Ill. — A Riverside woman allegedly drinking vodka while she carried her 3-month-old infant to celebrate the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services dropping an investigation against her was arrested for misdemeanor endangering the health and life of a child.
Jamie L. Riley, 27, who was intoxicated and holding her boy "as if she had a football under her armpit," was also cited for disorderly conduct for a tirade outside in the 5400 block of South Harlem Avenue Saturday, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. mom arrested while celebrating DCFS case
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house