Conn. gunshot victim eats before going to hospital
Miguel Soto, 25 said he was leaving the deli Tuesday when he heard three gunshots, two of which entered his leg and his groin
The Associated Press
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut — Police say a 25-year-old man who was shot twice after buying a sandwich at a deli went home and ate his lunch before going to the hospital.
Miguel Soto said he was leaving the deli Tuesday when he heard three gunshots. One bullet hit him in the left leg, another in the groin. Police say he went home and ate the sandwich before asking his father to take him to a hospital.
Police did not say whether Soto realized immediately that he had been shot, or if he decided the injuries were not serious enough to require an immediate hospital trip.
Officers say his injuries were not life-threatening. A message was left Thursday for a New Haven police spokesman, and no arrests were immediately reported.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests