Woman who shot husband gave cops a toy gun
She was unable to post $100,000 bond on attempted homicide
NEW CASTLE, Pa. — Police said a 66-year-old beauty salon owner jailed on charges she shot her husband in the arm during an argument at first gave them a toy gun when officers asked her to surrender the weapon.
New Castle police said Billie Dawn Gallick was evasive and later told officers the .22-caliber revolver was in the basement before they finally found it in a first-floor closet. Police said Gallick gave them a silver toy revolver when they asked to see the weapon upon arriving at her home Sunday afternoon.
Gallick remained in the Lawrence County Jail Tuesday unable to post $100,000 bond on attempted homicide and other charges and faces a preliminary hearing Nov. 17. Online court records don't list a defense attorney.
Police said she fired four times, wounding her husband in the upper left arm.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help