Man urinates on cruiser after DUI arrest
Darinel Lopez Cruz was charged with DUI and indecent exposure
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. — Johnson City police said a man urinated on a police cruiser during a traffic stop for drunk driving. The Johnson City Press quotes the police report's description of the incident. It said police stopped 23-year-old Darinel Lopez Cruz at about 3:30 a.m. on Sunday after they saw his Chevrolet Blazer weaving in and out of its lane.
Police gave Cruz a field sobriety test and then arrested him. That's when he urinated on the cruiser.
Cruz was charged with DUI and indecent exposure. He was jailed at the Washington County Detention Center on a $4,000 bond. It was not immediately clear whether he had obtained a lawyer.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds