Man urinates on cruiser after DUI arrest
Darinel Lopez Cruz was charged with DUI and indecent exposure
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. — Johnson City police said a man urinated on a police cruiser during a traffic stop for drunk driving. The Johnson City Press quotes the police report's description of the incident. It said police stopped 23-year-old Darinel Lopez Cruz at about 3:30 a.m. on Sunday after they saw his Chevrolet Blazer weaving in and out of its lane.
Police gave Cruz a field sobriety test and then arrested him. That's when he urinated on the cruiser.
Cruz was charged with DUI and indecent exposure. He was jailed at the Washington County Detention Center on a $4,000 bond. It was not immediately clear whether he had obtained a lawyer.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic