Texas cop gored in groin by bull, nearly died
A 1,600-pound bull named Peanut gored him repeatedly
Nov. 17 — Sgt. James Dousay has dealt with some tough killers during his 21 years with the Harris County Sheriff's Office, but by far the roughest character that nearly claimed his life over the weekend was a 1,600-pound bull nicknamed Peanut, who repeatedly gored him in the groin.
Dousay underwent surgery at Memorial Hermann Hospital to reattach severed veins after he was attacked Sunday at his farm in Liberty County. The homicide sergeant, 44, remained in critical condition Tuesday but was showing improvement, his wife, Kimberly Dousay said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas cop gored in groin by bull, nearly died
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house