ND cops may go hairless for the holidays
First they must raise $1,000 for a local charity that helps children in poverty-level families
The Bismarck Tribune
BURLEIGH COUNTY, ND — Investigators with the Burleigh County Sheriff's Department will go bald for the holiday season if they raise enough money.
If the sheriff's department raises $500 for Neighbor's Network, the investigators will shave their heads. If they reach $1,000, Sheriff Pat Heinert also will go hairless. Neighbor's Network is a local service that connects mainly poverty-level families with resources to keep children from having problems that could affect their school success and social or emotional development.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: ND cops may go hairless for the holidays
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help