Fla. student Googles self, finds murder charge
Saw a picture of his driver's license and information that he was wanted in connection to a September murder
By PoliceOne Staff
GAINSVILLE, Fla. — A University of Florida student had quite a scare when a Google search of his name revealed a picture of his driver's license next to news that deputies were searching for him in connection to a September murder.
Fearing he would be kicked out of school and fired from his two jobs for a crime he did not commit, Zachary Garcia called his mother and explained the situation. What they later learned was that the Sheriff’s Department had mistakenly spelled his name Zachery, instead of Zachary.
Check out the video below to learn more about the crime and see how the Garcia responded to his discovery.
Read more on WTSP.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic