Money flying from window gives away Ala. robbers
A deputy spotted the red Nissan Maxima cruising down a state highway with cash left in its wake
CEDAR BLUFF, Ala. — Authorities in Alabama say all they had to do to catch six bank robbery suspects was follow the money flying out the window of a speeding car.
The Gadsden Times reports that a deputy spotted the red Nissan Maxima cruising down a state highway, the cash left in its wake.
Cherokee County Sheriff Jeff Shaver says four gunmen took an undisclosed amount of money during the robbery Tuesday at Union State Bank.
He says the six suspects ditched their first getaway car and got into the Maxima to try and throw off authorities.
Shaver says all the suspects ran away after the car wrecked. But all six men were eventually arrested. One was found hiding in a garbage can by tracking dogs.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help