$15K in toys stolen from Mass. charity
The theft hit home with state police, who helped collect toys for Toys for Tots for the 26th consecutive year, assisting the Marines with collecting them across the state
By Robert Mills
The Lowell Sun
BURLINGTON, Mass. — Grinch would be too kind a word for whoever is responsible for this.
State police said Sunday that amid one of the most financially trying Christmas seasons in recent memory, thieves broke into a locked storage container and stole an estimated $15,000 worth of toys destined for the Toys for Tots program.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: $15K in toys stolen from Mass. charity
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help