Man arrested with $448K in meth, lab gear
Joseph Hoffman was driven to police by a cabdriver who was upset that he'd passed out and couldn't pay his fare
By Kin Janssen
The Chicago Sun Times
An alleged drug dealer who passed out in the back of a cab on Christmas Day woke up to discover that police had found nearly $500,000 worth of methamphetamines stashed in his bag, prosecutors say.
Joseph Hoffman, 25, of Vancouver, Wash., was driven to the Rogers Park district police station Saturday afternoon by a cabdriver who was upset that he’d passed out and couldn’t pay his fare, police said.
But when officers searched Hoffman’s backpack in an attempt to identify him, they say they found a mobile meth lab, three pounds of methamphetamine — worth an estimated $448,000 — and $1,400 cash.
Read more on the Chicago Sun Times website.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds