Ohio drunken driving suspect pulled self over
She thought she saw police lights, but the flashing lights were actually from a skating rink sign
SANDUSKY, Ohio — Police in Ohio can't take too much credit for stopping a woman they say was drinking and driving — they say she pulled herself over.
Officers in the Lake Erie town of Sandusky say the woman stopped because she thought she saw police lights, but it turns out the flashing lights were from a skating rink sign.
The Sandusky Register reports that the woman's car got stuck in a snowbank near the sign when she stopped early Monday and another motorist called police.
Officers say they took 27-year-old Nicole Scott to jail on charges of operating a vehicle under the influence. Police say Scott denied she had been driving. There is no telephone listing for Scott and it isn't clear whether she has an attorney.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms