Video: British cops team up with bees
If the pollen comes from an illegal plant, they will note your address, get a warrant, and drop by and arrest you
By PoliceOne Staff
LONDON — Police in England have started using bees to help search for illegal drugs.
They send swarms of bees into a neighborhood in search of plants to pollinate. Those bees go about their business of collecting pollen and then, “being bees, they return to the hive to tell the other bees exactly where the good plants are.”
If any of the pollinated plants were illegal (marijuana, for example), the bees will perform a “waggle” dance, according to Metropolitan Police Bee Keeper Mark Macha.
Watch the full video below or read more on PBS.
And be careful, Bee Keeper Macha might not be a real officer, and this story might just be one big joke.
Let us know what you think in the comments section.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help