Video: Fla. cop escorts baby ducks across road
"I saw the little baby ducks and I thought of my daughter," the officer said
By PoliceOne Staff
FORT MYERS, Fla. — An officer in Fort Myers, Florida thought he had come upon a broken-down car, but as that vehicle in front of him drove away, he realized it was actually a group of baby ducks that was holding up traffic.
“I saw the little baby ducks and I thought of my daughter,” Officer Glenn Eppler told CBS News. “She’s 10 and she loves ducks. I could hear her in my hear saying ‘Get out there and save those ducks,’ so that’s what I did.”
An unknown good samaritan got out of his car and helped the officer round up the ten ducklings.
“I’m just trying to do my job,” the officer said. “That’s all.”
Watch Officer Eppler escort the ducks in the video below.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds