Video: Indonesian 'dancing cop' gets busted; becomes YouTube sensation
“Mr Policeman, I like your style! Keep your head up, ignore what they say. You’re cool!”, a viewer named Aldebaran wrote
GORONTALO — Social networking users are rallying online to defend a police officer who has come under scrutiny by Gorontalo Police after a video of him dancing at his post went viral on the Internet.
First it was Sinta and Jojo lip syncing and dancing to dangdut song “Keong Racun,” now First Brig. Norman Kamaru, a Gorontalo Mobile Brigade police officer, is the next Indonesian YouTube sensation.
The video of Norman shows him in his police uniform, lip syncing and dancing to “Chaiyya-Chaiyya” by Indian movie star Sahrukh Khan song, while sitting at his post. Title “Gorontalo Police Goes Crazy,” the video has been viewed by more than 164,000 people since it was uploaded six days ago.
Read more on Jakarta Globe.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court