Maine man arrested after 'pocket dialing' 911
Man had two active warrants for failure to pay fines
BANGOR, Maine — Police in Maine say a man wanted for failing to pay fines accidentally helped officers find him when he repeatedly "pocket dialed" 911 while doing yard work.
Police say 29-year-old James Green was using a backpack leaf blower in Bangor Saturday when he kept calling 911 without realizing it.
Police Lt. Jeff Millard says officers were able to determine where the calls were coming from by triangulating the signal from Green's phone.
The Bangor Daily News says there were two active warrants for Green's arrest for failure to pay fines.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic