NASCAR driver Busch clocked going 128 mph in 45-zone
"I was test driving a new sports car and I got carried away," Busch explained.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Kyle Busch was cited on Tuesday in North Carolina for driving almost three times the speed limit.
Busch was pulled over by the Iredell County Sheriff's department going 128 mph in a 45-mph zone.
Busch was charged with careless and reckless driving as well as speeding.
Capt. Darren Campbell of the sheriff's department told ESPN.com that Busch had his proper identification and was cooperative.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds