NASCAR driver Busch clocked going 128 mph in 45-zone
"I was test driving a new sports car and I got carried away," Busch explained.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Kyle Busch was cited on Tuesday in North Carolina for driving almost three times the speed limit.
Busch was pulled over by the Iredell County Sheriff's department going 128 mph in a 45-mph zone.
Busch was charged with careless and reckless driving as well as speeding.
Capt. Darren Campbell of the sheriff's department told ESPN.com that Busch had his proper identification and was cooperative.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help