NY man's tossed pot lands on police cruiser
Troopers say the offender was ticketed for marijuana possession and not wearing a seatbelt
BUFFALO, N.Y. — State police say a man's effort to ditch some drugs from a moving car in western New York didn't exactly go as planned.
Troopers with the state police Thruway detail say 20-year-old Sean Schmidt was standing with his upper body sticking out the sunroof of a vehicle traveling on Interstate 190 in Buffalo late Monday night.
When a trooper following in a state police cruiser activated the car lights to pull the other vehicle over, Schmidt threw a small bag of marijuana, which landed on the hood of the trooper's car.
Troopers say Schmidt was ticketed for marijuana possession and not wearing a seatbelt.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help