Arizona man sentenced for shooting his car
Authorities say a man shot his Camaro because it wouldn't start
KINGMAN, Ariz. — A western Arizona man has received a three-month sentence after authorities say he shot his Camaro because it wouldn't start and then refused to come out of his home.
The Kingman Daily Miner reports Lauriano Lawrence Lovato went out to his car April 13, and when it wouldn't start, he fired two rounds through the windshield and into the dashboard.
Neighbors called police, and Lovato was eventually arrested after a lengthy standoff.
The Kingman man pleaded guilty to one count of discharging a gun unlawfully within city limits and was sentenced to three years probation and 90 days jail time.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform