Arizona man sentenced for shooting his car
Authorities say a man shot his Camaro because it wouldn't start
KINGMAN, Ariz. — A western Arizona man has received a three-month sentence after authorities say he shot his Camaro because it wouldn't start and then refused to come out of his home.
The Kingman Daily Miner reports Lauriano Lawrence Lovato went out to his car April 13, and when it wouldn't start, he fired two rounds through the windshield and into the dashboard.
Neighbors called police, and Lovato was eventually arrested after a lengthy standoff.
The Kingman man pleaded guilty to one count of discharging a gun unlawfully within city limits and was sentenced to three years probation and 90 days jail time.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms