NH woman collars thief, makes him wait for cops
'You sit there and stay there and don't you move,' the woman told the suspect
CENTER HARBOR, N.H. — A New Hampshire woman was so angry when she came home and found a burglar in her house that she grabbed the thief half her age by the collar and made him sit down while she called police.
Police say 63-year-old Linda Carr returned to her Center Harbor home Saturday to find a man walking out of her bedroom with a backpack. He tried to walk past her, but she grabbed him and made him empty his pockets, which contained her jewelry and prescription medication.
Police arrived minutes later and arrested the suspect.
Carr tells WMUR-TV she told the man "You sit there and stay there and don't you move." He replied, "I won't."
Authorities say 29-year-old Richard Royea was arraigned on a burglary charge and released on $25,000 bail.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman