Video: Man stuck in drain says gang members attacked him
Jared Medeiros, 21, says attackers threw his phone down the drain, where he became stuck
ABC News 10
CERES, Calif. - A man found stuck head-first inside a storm drain early Thursday morning said he wasn't drunk and it wasn't an accident.
Jared Medeiros, 21, claimed he was brutally attacked and robbed by gang members at the 2200 block of Hale Aloha Way. According to Medeiros, one of his attackers threw Medeiros' cell phone into the drain and Medeiros went to retrieve it to call 911 before he got stuck.
"I walked passed them and then one of them hit me from behind," said Medeiros, who said he was walking from his house in the neighborhood to his friend's up the street when four young men walked toward him throwing gang signs.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help