RI man shot twice in 5 weeks on same street
Bruce Moten was most recently shot early Thursday while riding in the back of a car
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — A Rhode Island man has been shot for the second time in five weeks on the same street.
Police Maj. Thomas Oates says 22-year-old Bruce Moten of Providence has been shot three times in the last three years. He was most recently shot early Thursday while riding in the back of a car that was fired on at the intersection of Ocean and Ashmont streets.
Oates says Moten was shot in the buttocks. The car he was riding in crashed into a stone wall.
Oates says Moten was also shot July 3 on Ashmont Street when he was struck in the back.
Police say Moten was first struck by gunfire in 2008 at a public housing project. No arrests have been made in the 2011 shootings.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help