Police: Mass. man menaced station for song request
Alex Finnegan was arraigned Thursday on two threat charges
BRIDGEWATER, Mass. — A former college student and ex-disc jockey is accused of threatening to "shoot up" a Massachusetts campus radio station because it wouldn't play a song he requested.
Alex Finnegan was arraigned Thursday on two threat charges.
Police say Finnegan graduated from Bridgewater State University in May and used to be a DJ at its radio station, WBIM.
The station received multiple calls Monday from someone who requested a song by the punk band Rufio. The station did not have the song and police say the caller said he would "come in with a gun and shoot up the place."
The Enterprise of Brockton reports that Finnegan wrote a letter of apology saying the whole thing was a joke and he was sorry for scaring anyone.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman