Video: Stephen Colbert jabs at citizens filming cops
Citizen activist Jimmy Justice’s goal is 'exposing police misconduct'
By PoliceOne Staff
The Colbert Report recently aired a bit that takes a poke at one citizen activist who films police officers with the goal of "exposing police misconduct."
Colbert's target of ridicule is Jimmy Justice, and he is seen sticking his camera in officers' faces, loudly pointing out minute details of their actions that he deems to be in the wrong.
The self-proclaimed hero has his own YouTube channel where he posts footage of police in New York. With titles like "Traffic cop makes illegal U-Turn," most of the videos turn into lengthy arguments between citizen and cop that just seem — as his on-screen "sidekick" in the Colbert clip puts it — "really, really, really annoying."
As more and more YouTube users take to the streets with their cameras, chances are you may have run into your own Jimmy Justice on patrol. Watch the video, and when you're done rolling your eyes, tell us what you think.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic