Police: 2 NY kids call 911, ask for Santa
It wasn't clear what the kids wanted to ask Santa
KINGSTON, N.Y. — No, Virginia, you can't call 911 and ask for Santa Claus.
That's what two young children in New York's Hudson Valley have learned.
The Daily Freeman of Kingston reports that around 11 a.m. Sunday, police in the city of Kingston responded to a home after two children, ages 4 and 6, called 911 asking to speak to either the police chief or Santa Claus.
Police say officers interviewed the family and kids, and instructed the youngsters on the proper use of emergency services. It wasn't clear what the kids wanted to ask Santa.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms