Report: Fake paralegals strip for Miami inmates
Wealthy drug lords are reportedly hiring lawyers who smuggle women inside Miami's Federal Detention Center
By PoliceOne Staff
MIAMI — Pole dancers posing as legal assistants regularly strip for inmates at the maximum-security Federal Detention Center in Miami, according to reports.
Attorneys originally quoted by The Miami New Times say that wealthy drug lords inside the prison bring the women inside by hiring lawyers who falsely identify them as paralegals.
"Any lawyer can sign a form and designate a legal assistant. There is no way of verifying it," veteran defense attorney Hugo Rodriguez said. Rodriguez added that once inside, the women "take off their tops and let the guys touch them."
Officials at the center did not comment on the accusations and declined to provide paperwork about any specific incidents, according to USA Today, but several officials quoted insist the practice has become routine.
"Everyone knows about it," an unnamed private investigator said. "They are making a mockery out of the prison system here."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation