NY SWAT team wrangles escaped gorilla
A 24-year-old male gorilla slipped through an unsecured door at a zoo in Buffalo
BUFFALO, N.Y. — An escape of a 400-pound silverback gorilla from its cage shut down the Buffalo, N.Y., Zoo for about two hours, causing panic among the visitors.
Although Koga, the 24-year-old male gorilla, merely slipped through an unsecured door Monday and moved from one locked area to another with no access to the public, and Zoo President Donna Fernandes stressed at a press conference after the incident that the public was never in danger, the news caused considerable excitement in the zoo, the Buffalo News reported Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY SWAT team wrangles escaped gorilla
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman