Conn. robber dials 911 while stealing
SOUTHINGTON, Conn. — Authorities say a Connecticut man accidentally dialed 911 from his cellphone while stealing about 700 pounds of scrap metals.
Police say the 46-year-old man was arrested after the robbery from a Southington merchant.
WFSB-TV reports he was charged Thursday with third-degree criminal trespassing and sixth-degree larceny. He was released on bond and is scheduled to appear in court April 2.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman