Less-lethal, but more painful: A clock that shoots you
If you don't silence your alarm within 30 seconds, it shoots a beanbag round straight between the legs
Editor's Note: Before you go writing any angry emails, please note the date of publication - April 1, 2012. Now, enjoy a chortle or a chuckle courtesy of the PoliceOne Editorial Team. Read all the stories here.
To help cops win the battle with the snooze button, one tech startup has released an alarm clock with an adjustable mount that fits any less-lethal device.
"If you don't silence your alarm within 30 seconds, it shoots a beanbag round straight between the legs," CEO Dave Danger explains.
The ItsSeriouslyTimeToGetUpNow technology, which syncs the ammo with the clock, has dramatically changed the way one officer lives and works.
"Not only am I getting up on time, I'm more energized," the officer said. "It's very motivating."
He spoke on the condition of anonymity because several people — mostly criminals, but also a few other officers and maybe a dispatcher — already want to cause him serious bodily harm.
Now, he says, his alarm clock might beat them to it.
"You snooze, you lose," he said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend