Robber shows ID to Ohio store clerk
Man showed his driver's license to purchase a 59-cent cigar
XENIA, Ohio — Police in Ohio said a robber showed his ID to a store clerk before pulling out a handgun and demanding the money from the register.
Xenia police said Hanson Price, 21, showed his driver's license to the clerk at the United Dairy Farmer's on West Second Street just after midnight March 30 to purchase a 59-cent Black and Mild Cigar and paid with a $1 bill before drawing his 9mm Lugar handgun and demanding the money from the register, the Dayton (Ohio) Daily Register reported Tuesday.
Investigators said Price, who fled with $72, was soon arrested and the gun was recovered from the west side of South Miami Avenue.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Robber shows ID to Ohio store clerk
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman