Video: Man in nightgown shoots NM speed-enforcement vehicle
Man steps out of an Audi and fires rounds at a parked cruiser meant to deter speeders
SANTA FE, N.M. — Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a man who they said fired at a traffic device aimed to slow down speeders. Santa Fe police said a video caught a man stepping out of an Audi car and firing off a few rounds at a police speed SUV on Bishop's Lodge Road.
"We didn't expect to see a man in a nightshirt, who appears to be barefoot, just firing rounds at the vehicle," said Santa Fe Police Capt. Aric Wheeler. Police said the man is in big trouble because the damage from the shooting amounts to well over $1,000, and the Bishop's Lodge Road is a busy area.
"It's a residential neighborhood. Those rounds could have ricocheted, gone through the plates of glass," Wheeler said. Police said the man could face at least one felony charge.
Full story: Man fires at Santa Fe speed SUV
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house