Photo of Texas patrol car with ripped-out gas nozzle is real
By PoliceOne Staff
AUSTIN, Texas — A photograph of a police cruiser driving with a gas nozzle dangling from it circulated on image-sharing sites Thursday — and it wasn't Photoshopped, police confirmed.
Veneza Aguinaga, an Austin Police Department spokeswoman, told the Austin American Statesman the photo was real and that the gaffe happened about noon Tuesday.
"There was no damage to the car or the pump," Aguinaga said. "The pump hose has a quick release in the event something like that occurs. No gas was leaked."
Aguinaga said the pump was reconnected immediately after the officer realized the error.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests