Felon returning to prison for ramming cop car
David Araujo Reyes pleaded guilty to aggravated assault on a peace officer and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon
By Larry Welborn Register
The Orange County Register
SANTA ANA — A Santa Ana man with two prior felony convictions was sentenced Monday to 13 years in prison for intentionally crashing his car into a Sheriff's Department patrol car that was stopped at a red light.
David Araujo Reyes, 28, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault on a peace officer and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon, according to prosecutors.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Felon returning to prison for ramming cop car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house