Felon returning to prison for ramming cop car
David Araujo Reyes pleaded guilty to aggravated assault on a peace officer and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon
By Larry Welborn Register
The Orange County Register
SANTA ANA — A Santa Ana man with two prior felony convictions was sentenced Monday to 13 years in prison for intentionally crashing his car into a Sheriff's Department patrol car that was stopped at a red light.
David Araujo Reyes, 28, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault on a peace officer and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon, according to prosecutors.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Felon returning to prison for ramming cop car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help