Felon returning to prison for ramming cop car
David Araujo Reyes pleaded guilty to aggravated assault on a peace officer and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon
By Larry Welborn Register
The Orange County Register
SANTA ANA — A Santa Ana man with two prior felony convictions was sentenced Monday to 13 years in prison for intentionally crashing his car into a Sheriff's Department patrol car that was stopped at a red light.
David Araujo Reyes, 28, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault on a peace officer and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon, according to prosecutors.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Felon returning to prison for ramming cop car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform