Utah officer fired for wearing Speedo reinstated
Provo school resource officer filed an appeal after he was dismissed in May
PROVO, Utah — A Utah police officer fired for dropping his pants and flaunting a green Speedo during a "Princess and the Frog" skit at a school is getting his job back.
Cody Harris filed an appeal after he was dismissed from his position as a Provo school resource officer in May. The Provo Civil Service Commission decided Wednesday that Harris should be reinstated.
Provo police said in an email that the department still backs its initial decision to fire Harris, but it will honor the commission's decision.
Harris was dismissed after Provo police said he removed his pants to show off the Speedo-style suit and made inappropriate gestures and comments while a group of female students were nearby.
Harris will receive training to work in the patrol division.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman