Ark. police: Ice cream used as excuse in crash
A woman told police she didn't think there was enough damage to merit stopping — and that she didn't want her ice cream to melt
VAN BUREN, Ark. — A woman accused of leaving the scene of a minor traffic crash in western Arkansas told police she did it because she didn't want her ice cream to melt.
Van Buren police say one vehicle rear-ended another on Arkansas Highway 59 on Sunday evening, but that the driver of the second car didn't stop to check on the vehicle she had hit. The other driver called police and set off in pursuit.
Fort Smith television station KHBS reports that Flora Burkhart told police she didn't think there was enough damage to merit stopping — and that she didn't want her ice cream to melt.
Burkhart was cited for following too closely and leaving the scene of an accident.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court