Oz cops mistaken for strippers at bachelorette party
An enthusiastic group of women tried to pull off officers' shirts when they arrived
MELBOURNE — Australian police officers from the city of Darwin managed to escape with their dignity intact after being mistaken for strippers by women at a hen's party.
Officers had been called to a pub in the town of Humpty Doo, east of Darwin, on Thursday night after reports of a disturbance, but were greeted by an enthusiastic group of women who shouted that the strippers had arrived and tried to pull their shirts off.
The excitable ladies attempted to take the Palmerston police officers shirts off when they entered the bar, Watch Commander Louise Jorgensen said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house