Bird flies into patrol car, sits on officer's shoulder
Officer Bill Wentworth was at the scene of a car crash when a homeless bird "turned itself in"
WALTHAM, Mass. — A conure flew through the window of a police cruiser Monday and now Animal Control officers are trying to reunite the bird with its owner.
Officer Bill Wentworth was at the scene of a car crash in Waltham Monday afternoon when there was a sudden distraction.
"Apparently the bird was on the roof of a house, and the people involved in the accident were trying to get the bird to come down," said Officer Bill Wentworth, Waltham Police Department. But no such luck until Wentworth was in the middle of a conversation.
"The bird came, dive-bombed and hit him the head, and the next thing I knew, it flew into the cruiser and sat on my shoulder," said Officer Wentworth.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy