Teen shoots self in groin, blames street gang
A teenager is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the penis with a newly purchased gun
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — A teenager is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the penis with a newly purchased gun in Port St. Lucie, Fla., police said.
Michael Smeriglio, 18, initially told police he was shot while walking down a street but later admitted the wound was accidental and self-inflicted, with a gun he bought at a party last month, WTSP-TV, St. Petersburg, Fla., reported Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Teen shoots self in groin, blames street gang
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house