Teen shoots self in groin, blames street gang
A teenager is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the penis with a newly purchased gun
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — A teenager is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the penis with a newly purchased gun in Port St. Lucie, Fla., police said.
Michael Smeriglio, 18, initially told police he was shot while walking down a street but later admitted the wound was accidental and self-inflicted, with a gun he bought at a party last month, WTSP-TV, St. Petersburg, Fla., reported Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Teen shoots self in groin, blames street gang
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help