Video: Ticket paid with 137 origami pigs
An unhappy motorist paid a fine using $1 bills folded into origami pigs and stuffed into Dunkin' Donuts boxes
By PoliceOne Staff
A motorist unhappy over a $137 traffic ticket decided to pay the fine using 137 $1 bills folded into origami pigs and stuffed into Dunkin' Donuts boxes.
Under the YouTube name "Bacon Moose", the man recorded and published a video of the transaction at municipial court. The clip does not indicate what the ticket was for, only that he thought it was unfair.
"I got this ticket in a town where the cops (and absurd red light cameras) are pretty much a money trap and that's it," he wrote on YouTube.
In the video, the office worker behind the front desk refuses to accept the payment and the two engage in a back-and-forth argument. The employee then calls over a police officer, who makes "Bacon Moose" unfold the bills.
"You have made me laugh for the day," the officer said. "I will give you mad props on you taking your time to do each and every one of these."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court