UK cop sees 'suspicious' moon, calls for backup
The focus of one officer's inquiries turned out to be the glare of a full moon
PA Regional Newswire of English Regions
WEST MIDLANDS, United Kingdom — A Pc investigating a "suspicious bright light'' at a Worcestershire beauty spot was left red-faced — after the focus of his inquiries turned out to be the innocent glare of a full moon.
The unfortunate officer only realised his blunder — reported in this month's edition of Police magazine — after warning colleagues he might need back-up.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: UK cop sees 'suspicious' moon, calls for backup
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house