UK cop sees 'suspicious' moon, calls for backup
The focus of one officer's inquiries turned out to be the glare of a full moon
PA Regional Newswire of English Regions
WEST MIDLANDS, United Kingdom — A Pc investigating a "suspicious bright light'' at a Worcestershire beauty spot was left red-faced — after the focus of his inquiries turned out to be the innocent glare of a full moon.
The unfortunate officer only realised his blunder — reported in this month's edition of Police magazine — after warning colleagues he might need back-up.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: UK cop sees 'suspicious' moon, calls for backup
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms