Ill. police find 60 dead cats
The dead cats and one dead dog all were found in a van
By Tara García Mathewson
Chicago Daily Herald
CHICAGO — A 60-year-old Elgin man was arrested and charged with multiple counts of animal cruelty Wednesday after police found an estimated 60 dead cats in a van in his backyard.
A city contractor was doing brush removal on the 200 block of Villa Street and became suspicious about potential animal cruelty, according to police. The code department alerted the police department Wednesday morning after hearing from the contractor and officers showed up at the home about 10:30 a.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. police find 60 dead cats
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman