Ill. police find 60 dead cats
The dead cats and one dead dog all were found in a van
By Tara García Mathewson
Chicago Daily Herald
CHICAGO — A 60-year-old Elgin man was arrested and charged with multiple counts of animal cruelty Wednesday after police found an estimated 60 dead cats in a van in his backyard.
A city contractor was doing brush removal on the 200 block of Villa Street and became suspicious about potential animal cruelty, according to police. The code department alerted the police department Wednesday morning after hearing from the contractor and officers showed up at the home about 10:30 a.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. police find 60 dead cats
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help