Mich. police find suspect in hot tub
K-9 tracks suspect to backyard hot tub in SW Michigan
ALMENA TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Authorities say they captured a runaway suspect trying to hide in a backyard hot tub in southwestern Michigan following a more than 100 mph chase.
The Van Buren County sheriff's department says one of its deputies stopped a pickup truck early Wednesday for a defective plate, but the driver took off. The department says the driver lost control and the pickup overturned in Almena Township, west of Kalamazoo. The driver fled on foot.
The department says a Kalamazoo police dog tracked the man and he was found hiding in a hot tub with a cover over it. The 28-year-old man was arrested on charges including fleeing police, resisting arrest, driving with a suspended license and operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs.
Copyright 2012 Capital Gazette Communications, Inc.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests