Soap-eating woman sends police on chase
After ramming cars and attempting to run over a cop, an officer opens fire
By S. McCabe
The Washington Examiner
MANASSUS, Va. — A Manassas woman who rammed her car into another vehicle while eating a bar of soap was taken into custody after a report of a gunshot at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda.
The bizarre series of incidents began about 11:25 a.m. Tuesday when the Virginia State police clocked a black Mitsubishi on Interstate 66 driving 93 mph, and pursued the vehicle until the car crossed into Maryland, said Montgomery County police Capt. Paul Starks.
The vehicle pulled into the entrance of the Walter Reed hospital, then made a U-turn and became stuck in traffic. Military police approached the female driver and observed her biting a bar of soap as she sat behind the wheel.
View more videos at: http://nbcwashington.com.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform