Drunk woman arrested trying to save ducks from hurricane
The woman, who was rescued from a creek, said she feared the wild ducks would be killed in the storm
By PoliceOne Staff
GLEN ROCK, N.J.—Police arrested a drunk woman Saturday after she jumped into a creek to save the wild ducks that lived there.
The woman, 41, told officers she feared they would be killed by Hurricane Sandy, according to Fox 43.
The woman had to be rescued by the fire department due to the turbulent waters, police said, putting numerous firefighters in danger.
The woman is charged with risking a catastrophe, recklessly endangering another person, public drunkenness, and disorderly conduct.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds