Woman sues police after breast implant bursts
The woman claims an arrest ruptured her implant and will need surgery to fix
By PoliceOne Staff
PANTEGO, Texas — A Texas woman is suing the Pantego Police Department after her breast implant burst while being arrested, according to ABC15.
Rebecca Van Hooser was pulled over last weekend for a headlight violation when police discovered she had a warrant for an unpaid speeding ticket.
Van Hooser’s attorney, Susan Hutchinson, said that when she was held against the car to be handcuffed, her breast implant ruptured.
The woman claims she will need surgery and another implant to repair the damage.
Pantego officials said the town has complete faith in its police force. The town said its officers always conduct themselves in the most professional manner, according to NBC News.
Hutchison said the damages Van Hooser will seek have not yet been determined.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department