Police: Fake officer shot himself in the foot
The suspect held a gun to three men, claiming he was with the 'sheriffs' office
By Michael Mcfall
The Salt Lake Tribune
KEARNS, Utah — Police say a Kearns man pulled a gun on a group of people, telling them he was going to kill them, but wound up shooting himself in the foot.
The man was charged Thursday with three counts of aggravated assault and impersonating a peace officer in 3rd District Court.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police: Fake officer shot himself in the foot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police