Philly police group ghost hunters in spare time
By day, the officers protect the mayor, police headquarters and the streets, but by night, they patrol the paranormal
BY Stephanie Farr
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — A group of Philadelphia police officers spends its free time investigating claims of disorderly conduct, harassment and criminal mischief, knowing the cases don't have a ghost of a chance of making it to court.
Still, the officers set up video cameras at each scene and spend hours poring over evidence, looking for just one shadow, listening for just one voice.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly police group ghost hunters in spare time
- Off Duty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house