Video: Cop suspended for dunking his head in a bucket of urine
$450 and a two-day suspension followed the foolish tailgating act
By PoliceOne Staff
MENTOR, Ohio — An officer has been suspended for two days after video surfaced of him dunking his head in a bucket of urine.
Phil Croucher, a 16-year veteran of the Mentor Police Department, earned $450 from fellow officers for sticking his head in the 5-gallon bucket outside of a Cleveland Browns football game.
Nine other officers who put money in for the bet received official reprimands.
The stunt has been viewed on YouTube nearly 300,000 times since it was posted last month.
“The fact money was collected for this ‘dare,’ should not detract from [Croucher] assuming final responsibility for this poor decision,” wrote Lt. Tom Powers, who conducted interviews with the officers involved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend