NYC 'cannibal' cop discussed 'girl meat' for Thanksgiving
Valle was quoted as saying that he was getting a plan in motion to abduct a woman for the holiday meal
NEW YORK — A New York City police officer charged with plotting to kidnap, torture, cook and eat at least 100 women had discussed having "girl meat" for this week's Thanksgiving holiday.
Prosecutors say Gilberto Valle made the remark in an online chat in February with an unidentified man. They read the transcript during Valle's bail hearing Tuesday in federal court.
Valle was quoted as saying that he was getting a plan in motion to abduct a woman for the holiday meal.
His lawyer has said the alleged plot was pure fantasy.
The judge denied bail, calling Valle's behavior "depraved, bizarre, aberrational." He set the trial for Jan. 22.
Valle has pleaded not guilty.
No women were actually harmed.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman