Police: corpse in Ind. freezer had sex before fatal fight
A homeless man found decomposing in a basement freezer had been drinking, doing drugs and having sex with suspected killer
INDIANAPOLIS — Police say a homeless man found decomposing in a basement freezer in central Indiana had been drinking, doing drugs and having sex with the man now suspected in his death.
Court documents say 52-year-old Walter Logan told police that he and Alex Shipp ending up fighting at his home in Kokomo, 50 miles north of Indianapolis. Logan told police that he placed duct tape over the 29-year-old man's nose and mouth then fell asleep.
Police say Logan later hid Shipp's body in a freezer that doesn't work.
Relatives say Shipp had been missing for about a month when he was discovered Sunday.
Logan is being held without bond on a preliminary charge of murder. He faces an initial court appearance Wednesday and does not have an attorney.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer